Born to Move: Means Industries - Launching the Next Phase of Propulsion Technology for Electrified Vehicles
Amsted Automotive offers leading-edge electrified and advanced propulsion solutions for customers in North America, Europe, and Asia. Amsted Automotive is the merger of two of its century-old, core Tier 1 automotive supply business units, Means Industries and Burgess-Norton, to form a new and innovative technology team. Our combined group offers an expanded global presence with 21 facilities in North America, Asia, and Europe to adequately serve the global customer base with a robust manufacturing footprint producing over 100 million components and assemblies annually. Amsted Automotive combines process design and engineering expertise so that we can serve as both an agile and global leader in advanced metal-forming, powder metal manufacturing, and electro-mechanical clutch design.
The Missing Link in Efficient and High-Performing AWD and 4WD Electrified Propulsion: The Dynamic Controllable Clutch System – an Electro-Mechanical E-axle Disconnect Solution
The demand for electric vehicle (EV) technology has seen exponential growth in the past several years. This is driven by many countries mandating electric propulsion as a high percentage of new vehicle sales in the very near future as well as customer demand. However, customer demand also dictates that a significant volume of vehicles need to be SUVs, crossovers, and light-duty trucks with four-wheel-drive (4WD) and all-wheel-drive (AWD) capability – something that is not easily achieved with an electric drivetrain. Until now. Means Industries, an Amsted Automotive Group company, addresses this key drivetrain issue with the Dynamic Controllable Clutch, an Electro-Mechanical E-axle Disconnect system. More than a concept, this system is currently launching in production on a suite of 4WD electric vehicles.
Amsted Automotive Will Demonstrate How It Drives Innovation for Electric Vehicle Drivetrain Solutions at CTI Symposium USA
• Technologies include Dynamic Controllable Clutch (DCC) and Electro-Mechanical E-axle Disconnect system, Differential Disconnect, and Overrunning E-Axle Disconnect technology • Full disconnect and locking functionality • DCC addresses EV torque-...May 10, 2022
Amsted Automotive Group Brings Revolutionary E-axle Disconnect Technology to Automotive Electric Vehicles
• Amsted Automotive’s launch of E-axle solution has led to market advancements in EV propulsion • Dynamic Controllable Clutch (DCC) and Electro-Mechanical E-axle Disconnect system allow for seamless engagement and disengagement of AWD and 4WD system...Apr 26, 2022
New Automotive Powertrain Features MVT Transmission Components Produced With Advanced Technology
· Clutch carriers are the first production parts manufactured under the MEANS&VT (Wuxi) Power Technology Co., LTD joint venture, or MVT · MVT is first company in China to use GROB machine for intermittent forming process · Increased productiv...Feb 02, 2022
Amsted Automotive Expands Global Powder Metallurgy Capacity by Forming a Joint Venture with Anhui HOFO Mechanical and Electrical Co. Ltd.
· The newly formed BN-HOFO Material Technology (Anhui) Ltd. joint venture expands Amsted Automotive’s global presence in the powder metal market · Amsted Automotive will gain access to a broader customer base · Increases powder metallurgy pre...Dec 20, 2021
Amsted Automotive Group Acquires SMW Manufacturing Company, Expanding Footprint as a Leading Supplier of Engineered and Net Formed Products for Vehicular, Energy, and Infrastructure Markets
· Acquisition adds a broader range of cold-forming technology and engineering to Amsted Automotive Group’s advanced metal-forming, powder metallurgy, and electro-mechanical torque transfer and propulsion system design capabilities · Expands ...Dec 20, 2021
Amsted Automotive Group Recognized as a Founding Member of OESA at the 23rd Annual Automotive Supplier Conference: Beyond Disruption
Amsted Automotive Group received the first-ever Legacy Award from the Original Equipment Suppliers Association (OESA) as a founding member of the association. Amsted Automotive Group has been a longtime supporting sponsor of both the annual Automotive ...Dec 20, 2021
E: [email protected]
T: (989) 754-1433
3715 East Washington Road
Fastening, Joining & Assembly (Components) Materials - Coatings & Finishes Materials - Composites Materials - Metals & Alloys Materials - Other Materials Mechanical Components (Gaskets, Springs, Rings, etc.) Power Transmission Components (& Bearings) Sensors (including Flow, Pressure, Level, Temp., Position.)