Trio’s PC-MCAT 64 is an innovative "Motion + PC Solution". A powerful quad core Intel Atom processor is used to drive both a high performance motion controller and a compact PC that can run user applications under Windows. The PC-MCAT software uses a real-time extension to allow both Windows and the motion controller to run directly on their own processor cores.
- Motion + PC Solution for Automation Machinery
- Fanless compact PC with E3845 Quad Core Atom Processor at 1.91 Ghz
- Powerful up to 64 Axis EtherCAT Based Trio Motion Coordinator
- RTX64 Real Time Extension to allow Motion + Windows Running Directly on Their Own Processor Cores
- Plug and Play EtherCAT Configuration Expandable Support for Servo Drives, I/O and Devices From Over 100 Manufacturers
- Programmable In Easy TrioBASIC, built-in IEC 61131 or PC based Programming Languages Such As "C"
- 4 GByte RAM + 64 GByte Upgradable SSD
- Built-in GBit Ethernet Port For Vision Cameras
Plug and Play
The motion controller’s own dedicated EtherCAT master Ethernet port can launch data packets with less than 1 µsec of jitter. The 1.91GHz Atom processor is paired with 4 GBytes of RAM and a high speed 64 GByte upgradable SSD to give sufficient PC performance for many machine types.
For more information send an inquiry directly to Trio Motion Technology
EtherCAT Digital Control Bus
Over the years there has been a need for an open low-cost digital control bus for automation and motion control. Some were available but had proprietary technology. With the introduction of EtherCAT it has become the accepted open standard for Ethernet-based control buses.
PLC Programming Standards in Motion Control
There is a natural tendency for industries to push toward a standard be it hardware or software, and programming motion controls is no exception. Dedicated motion controls have been around for over three decades and in the early years, nearly all had their own unique programming language.