GGB Bearing Technology Company Profile
Setting the industry standards as the global leader in high performance bearing solutions, GGB is dedicated to supplying customers worldwide with both standard and customized plain bearings. With over 1,100 employees globally, GGB’s dedicate...
Setting the industry standards as the global leader in high performance bearing solutions, GGB is dedicated to supplying customers worldwide with both standard and customized plain bearings. With over 1,100 employees globally, GGB’s dedicated team of experts has the experience and expertise to provide innovative, reliable and effective solutions.
GGB’s wide choice of product materials includes metal-polymer, solid polymer, filament wound, metal bearings, bushing blocks and thrust plates as well as specialized housings and assemblies all available in standard or custom sizes and shapes, and manufactured to precise specifications. Application experts work alongside our customers from start to finish, assisting in the design, material selection, testing, manufacture, assembly and installation to find the ideal bearing solution for even the most challenging applications, providing high performance solutions to a wide variety of market sectors:
- Fluid Power
- General Industrial
- Primary Metals
GGB has manufacturing, sales, service and support locations around the globe. This vast network of resources and expertise enables us to respond promptly to your bearing needs wherever you do business. Furthermore, GGB industry-leading in-house R&D facilities ensure the quality and performance of our products and develop innovative solutions.
Our products are used in tens of thousands of critical applications every day on our planet. It is always our goal to provide superior, high-quality solutions for our customers’ needs, no matter where those demands take our products. From space vehicles to golf carts and virtually everything in between; we offer the industry’s most extensive range of high performance, maintenance-free bearing solutions for a multitude of applications.
Wide range of high performance bearing materials and solutions: The inventor of DU® and DX® bearings, GGB offers the most extensive range of high performance bearing materials together with customized solutions from our team of applications experts.
- Global presence: GGB produces the widest product range in the industry with local technical support. Customers benefit from reliable deliveries thanks to our network of worldwide employees, 10 manufacturing facilities and global supply chain of local sales offices and distribution centers.
- Comprehensive customer support: Our bearing specialists have the expert knowledge to provide innovative, cost-effective solutions for even the most demanding applications.
- Manufacturing and Logistics network: A flexible supplier, we provide over 30,000 customers worldwide with a wide range of high performance bearings. Our world-class production plants are certified to the industry’s highest standards.
- Less noise: With no moving parts, GGB bearings provide low-noise operation.
- Reduced system costs: A slim, compact, one-piece design offers significant space and weight reductions to make installation easier, lower system costs and minimize potential damage during installation.
- Replacement of expensive needle bearings: GGB bearings’ larger contact surface has a higher load carrying capacity, providing better impact resistance and improved performance.
- Environmentally friendly: Our lead-free bearings comply with increasingly stricter environmental legislation, such as the End of Life Vehicles (ELV) and the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directives.
For more information contact GGB Bearing Technology
Gearbox Actuator Shaft Case Study
Less than 10 percent of cars in the U.S. are equipped with standard manual transmissions, compared with Europe where 90% of the cars feature standard shift. To help European auto manufacturers offer vehicles that combine the performance of a standard transmission with the convenience and comfort of an automatic transmission, the customer developed its own servo-assisted gearbox, currently used by many of the world’s largest automotive manufacturers.
Catamaran Dual Tiller/Rudder
First introduced in 1972, the most popular catamaran for both beginner and veteran sailors is the legendary Hobie Cat 16, the perfect craft for leisure cruising, regattas or long-distance racing. In Reinfeld, Germany, Hobie dealer Sport Mohr retrofits the boats for use in regattas. For greater ease and accuracy of steering, European regatta champion, Detlef Mohr, owner and operator of Sport Mohr turned to GGB for a bearing solution to reduce play and abrasion in the bolted joints of the boats dual tiller/rudder systems.
NASA's Curiosity Rover, GGB Bearings Mark Their First Martian-Year Anniversary
On June 24, NASAs Mars Curiosity Rover, which is fitted with metal-polymer bearings from GGB Bearing Technology, completed the first 687-day Martian year of its mission. It landed on the red planet on August 5, 2012.4 Mar 2015
New Corporate Video Highlights GGBs Values & Vision
GGB Bearing Technology, an EnPro Industries company, has created a new overview video that highlights the companys technological expertise, collaborative design principles and manufacturing capabilities. Available on the GGB website, the video p...3 Mar 2015
HPMB - New Machinable Filament Wound Bearings for Hydropower from GGB
GGB Bearing Technology has developed HPMB, a new self-lubricating filament wound material with a machinable liner, providing tight dimensional control and class-leading tribological properties for hydropower applications.3 Mar 2015
GGB Eyes India's Construction Sector
GGB India was recently interviewed by NBM & CW magazine at BAUMA CONEXPO India 2014, where Sales Manager Mahesh Thangamani indicated the company plans to increase its presence in the construction equipment sector through its offerings of maintenance-fr...3 Mar 2015
GGB Bearing Technology
700 Mid Atlantic Parkway